Ever walk into an Asian Grocery store, see a bunch of Char Siu (Chinese BBQ Pork) hanging in the display and wonder how they prepare it? It is actually very simple and perfect for weekday dinners…
The trick is to get the Chinese BBQ sauce from Asian Grocery store (see picture below – you should be able to find this in most supermarket) and to marinate it overnight. You can definitely add other spices like five spice powder, but I find this sauce alone is flavorful enough. The meat to use for this dish is Pork Shoulder or Pork Butt.
- 2 lb pork shoulder/pork butt
- 4 tbsp of Char Siu sauce
- 6 tbsp honey, 3 tbsp water
- Marinate pork shoulder/pork butt with the sauce overnight
- Preheat at 350 degree
- Bake for 15 min, flip the meat, then bake another 15 min
- Turn the heat to 400 degree
- Brush the honey mixture to both sides
- Bake for another 15-30 min until pork reaches internal temp of 145F
- Done! Enjoy!